Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union and CUNA Brokerage Services Inc. (CBSI) are excited to be adding an Associate Financial Advisor (AFA) to our team. Our teaming environment supports our Associate Financial Advisors through coaching and mentoring, a book of business, and a base salary plus incentive plan, providing a secure environment to build your business.
The Associate Financial Advisor primarily focuses on helping credit union members assess and meet the core financial needs of growth, income, protection and legacy. They will also partner with credit union employees to help credit union members meet the other two core financial needs of cash management and credit. As a member of a financial advisor team, AFAs will focus on adding new credit union members to the CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI) book of business and on working with existing CBSI members. Typically, they will work a segment of the team’s book of business, covering a territory of the credit union such as certain branches, departments etc.
Alignment with credit union and CBSI mission & culture will also be very important for success. The AFA position is designed to allow high potential candidates to enter the brokerage/insurance/investment advice business and develop under the leadership and coaching of their lead financial advisor (LFA). This position also brings additional capacity to the advisor team to serve more credit union members across the six core financial needs. Based on performance and opportunity, there is potential for career advancement to include that of LFA.
- Gain full understanding of credit union members financial and personal goals and put the customer needs first while working with them to Identify, execute and follow up on opportunities to gather additional client assets.
- Meet and profile prospective clients, review investment goals, prepare presentations, recommend investment products, follow up on client contacts, and help customers meet their needs through the sale of investment and securities products.
- Build strong relationships with members within the credit union, profile and execute on new business, effectively work an existing book of business, assess member needs and recommend the right combination of products and solutions by consistently using the prescribed sales process.
- Adhere to all FINRA and insurance rules and regulations, as well as to all company policies.
- Achieve sales and revenue goals and meet certain professional growth and development goals.
- Organize and assist with the delivery of branch seminars and ensure appropriate follow-up from these events.
- Participate in the execution of local marketing development plan.
- Responsible for maintaining existing client relationships and following up with clients to manage future investment needs.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- FINRA Series 6, 63 registrations required; IAR (65/66 or appropriate designation) required or ability to obtain within 6 months; FINRA Series 7 preferred
- Life/health and variable insurance licenses
- Three years financial services sales & service experience preferred
- Strong people, sales and relationship skills
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter eager to develop and expand knowledge
- For individuals new to this role:
- Have a satisfactory background check and securities registration with our licensed broker-dealer and/or verify all required insurance licensing.
- Have all outside business activity reviewed to ensure no conflicts of interest exist and applicable regulatory requirements are met
Comments are closed.